Data rules schools and ignorance is far from bliss. From assessment results to questioning educational claims, there is a growing need to understand the numbers used in education. Databusting for Schools unravels the complexities of dealing with educational data and explains statistics in an understandable, everyday way, relevant to your classroom and your school.
Richard Selfridge takes you through all you need to know about data and statistics in education including:
* Where does education data come from?
* The what, why and how of numbers.
* Understanding different types of graphs and how to use them.
* How to play around with data to see the bigger picture.
* How to interpret data, does one thing really lead to another?
* Using data to inform school policy.
A must-read for all teachers, school leaders, data managers, school governors, and anyone in education who has ever looked at statistical data and broken out into a cold sweat.
Databusting For Schools is available now via Amazon or Wordery.